Preparing parents for employment as their children start school
ParentsNext is a free support service that helps parents with children under 6 to plan and prepare for their future employment. Advance Diversity Services partners with Settlement Services International (SSI) and other providers to offer this service to parents preparing to enter the workforce.
We will help you develop goals and skills to transition back to work
We have tools and resources to help you to:
- Deal with your parenting needs and challenges
- identify education and employment goals
- develop a pathway to achieve your goals
- link to services and activities in the local community to help you prepare for employment
- build confidence and independency
- combine preparing for work with parenting responsibilities
Am I eligible?
I have children under 6.
I haven’t had paid work in 6 months or more.
I live in one of the ParentsNext areas.
I have been receiving a Centrelink Parenting Payment for more than 6 months in a row.
How we will help you
- Meet you in person or over the phone
- Help you to identify education and employment goals
- Work with you to develop a participation plan which meets your needs and preferences.
- This may include:
- Referral and access services and activities to improve your education and skills and work-readiness
- Connecting you with your local community and building a support network
- Links to help with budgeting and voluntary work
- Our staff speak Arabic, Bengali, Nepalese and Spanish
- We use interpreting services
Eligible parents can contact Centrelink to be referred to a ParentsNext provider,
OR You can also contact your local ParentsNext provider directly.
If you live in St George (Rockdale, Kogarah, Hurstville), Sutherland and Inner Sydney ( Marrickville, Ashfield) areas, you can contact Advance Diversity Services Site directly on 9597 5455 or email to email@example.com.
We can meet you at one of our local offices: Rockdale and Sutherland.
Settlement Services International also offers the ParentsNext Program in other areas, please contact (02) 8071 1050 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org